The Cook Islands Football Association (CIFA) has launched its inaugural youth event for all interested clubs and schools wanting to play football in paradise.
Join us for a week-long event held at the CIFA complex in Matavera on our beautiful island of Rarotonga, 15-22 April 2017.
The festival will cater for our youth football players: Under 16 Boys and Girls to play against their peers and with that a fantastic opportunity to holiday in paradise.
We aim to foster the development of Football in the Cook Islands while creating lifelong memories for all.
Trophies/medals will be awarded for the winners/runners up in the Boys and Girls Category.
- Age Category
Under 16 Boys Born 2001 or after
Under 16 Girls Born 2001 or after
- Match Coordination Meeting
All team coaches and managers are required to attend the mandatory tournament technical meeting. The meeting will take place at the CIFA conference room with the date and time will be advised in due course.
CIFA’s main contacts for administrative matters are as follows:
Pauline Dean Email email@example.com
Office +682 28980
Mobile +682 71002
- The Official Draw
The draw for the 2017 Kia Orana Youth Football Festival will be conducted at the CIFA Headquarters by the CIFA Competition Department once teams have been confirmed.
- Match Schedule
The match schedule will be confirmed in due course. The Youth Football Festival will run for 5 days and consist of the following:
Saturday 15 April Match Day 1
Monday 17 April Match Day 2
Tuesday 18 April Match Day 3
Thursday 20 April Semi final
Saturday 22 April Final
- Regulations of the 2017 Kia Orana Youth Football Festival
The Regulations of the 2017 Kia Orana Youth Football Festival will be disseminated upon its completion and approval.
- Eligibility of Players
- Each Participating Club/School shall ensure that all players were born on or after 1 January 2001.
- Official Team List [General]
- The Official Team List must be completed and returned to CIFA by 16H00 [CKT] Tuesday, 14 March 2017.
- Each Participating Club/School may nominate up to seventeen  Players and three  Team Officials in their Official Team List.
- A maximum of 20 Accreditations will be provided to each Participating Club/School.
- Official Team List [Player]
- Each Participating Club/School may nominate up to 17 Players [two  of whom must be specialist goalkeepers] for the Kia Orana Youth Football Festival.
- The Official Team List shall contain all of the following information for each Player;
- First name[s]
- Date of birth
- Shirt No
- Passport number
- Passport issue date
- Passport expiry date
The CIFA name is the name that will be used in all media related activities, including websites, match reports, media stories.
- CIFA will accept changes to players on the Official Team List up until the conclusion of the Technical Coordination Meeting for each group, which will take 1 day prior to the opening match of the respective groups. Only the Players on the Official Team List [except in cases recognised by CIFA] will be permitted to take part in the Kia Orana Youth Football Festival.
- No Player may be replaced in the Official Team List during the Kia Orana Youth Football Festival, except if it involves a goalkeeper who is injured during the Festival and can no longer take part in the remainder of the matches, and only after acceptance and confirmation by a designated Medical Officer that the injury is sufficiently serious to prevent the goalkeeper from taking part in the Festival. The Participating Club/School shall then immediately nominate the replacement and inform CIFA accordingly.
- CIFA shall issue each Player on the Official Team List with an Accreditation. The Accreditation must always be available for inspection.